(Applications will open on April 1, 2023)
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Awards
General Information about the Fulbright Program and the Fulbright Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Awards
The Fulbright Program: The Fulbright program is a prestigious international exchange program that is administered worldwide. The Fulbright program promotes mutual understanding between the United States and Sri Lanka through educational and cultural exchange programs. Over the years, the Fulbright program has witnessed an exchange of students/scholars and professionals between the two countries and provided opportunities for personal, academic and professional growth, built capacity in both countries. The Fulbright program aims at fostering bi-lateral relationships and bringing the people of the United States and people of Sri Lankan closer together.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Awards:
The US-SLFC invites applications from suitable candidates for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships for 2024–2025 in the fields listed below. Candidates should be young, mid-career professionals in leadership positions with a commitment to public service and to the development of Sri Lanka and should demonstrate potential for professional advancement. Candidates may be employed in either the public or private sector.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship is specially designed for mid-career professionals to enable them to participate in a ten-month non-degree program of graduate level academic coursework and practical professional experiences. Some awards also offer English training to facilitate the participation of candidates who may be excellent candidates but lack the necessary language skills.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship is specially designed for mid-career professionals to enable them to participate in a ten-month non-degree program of graduate level academic coursework and practical professional experiences. The awards are given under four main fields each of which that incorporates several subfields given below. Some awards also offer English training to facilitate the participation of candidates who may be excellent candidates but lack the necessary language skills.
Areas of Expertise (Fields) Considered for Awards:
Human and Institutional Capacity
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment & Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning & Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Be Sri Lankan citizens and have continuously resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years immediately prior to the award application deadline
- Possess a 4-year Bachelor’s (special) Degree. Preference will be given to applicants with post-graduate qualifications
- Have a minimum of five (05) years of substantial full-time, professional experience by the October 01, 2023 in the respective field, and be eligible for leave
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities, display personal initiative, have an interest in the policies pertaining to their fields and have a record of public service in the community
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English. If selected, will be required to take Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- Be below the age of 50 years by October 01, 2023
- Must not be applying for or holding permanent resident visas (green cards) in the United States; must not be dual U.S./Sri Lanka citizens; and must not hold work or resident visas in another country
- Must not have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to October 01, 2023
- Must not have had more than six months of U.S. experience during the five years prior to October 01, of the award year
- Staff and immediate family members of organizations/programs affiliated with the Fulbright Program (such as the Fulbright Commission, U.S. Embassy, USAID, IIE, reviewers) are not eligible to apply.
Duration of Award: 10 months
Applications: Will Open in April 01, 2023
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023
Mandatory Interviews: (Shortlisted Candidates Only): August/September 2023
The application for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Awards must be submitted online using the link below and must be completed fully with all the required support documents uploaded to the online application by the deadline.
- Please read the following additional information prior to completing the application: “Information about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program and Application Instructions ”
- Link to the online application form and detailed instructions: Will be available here, April 01 2023
- You need to have an email address to create an account to log-in and complete the application
- Other Required Forms: Please print, sign, scan and upload as PDF to application the “Letter of Support from Home Institution“. The completed form must be uploaded to the online application within the section “Additional Information – – “Supplemental Materials”
- If you have any questions please write to: email@example.com
- Each applicant may not apply to more than one award category during a competition cycle.
- All successful candidates will be required to reside in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years following the completion of the grant.
- Dependents will not be supported financially on this grant, but selected grantees may take their dependents at their own expense if the program policies permit.
- Material misrepresentation (e.g., plagiarism) at any time during the application or grant period is grounds for selection withdrawal or grant termination, as well as ineligibility for application to any US-SLFC grants in the future.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Prospective Humphrey awards applicants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs
Due to the large volume of applications for this award, US-SLFC is unable to acknowledge receipt of applications, and only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified
- Education USA Opportunity Fund Program
- Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards
- Fulbright Awards for Sri Lankan Citizens
- Fulbright Masters Fellowship Awards
- Fulbright Professional Scholar Awards
- Fulbright Specialist Awards
- Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Awards
- Guidelines for Obtaining a Letter of Invitation from a US University, Institution – Scholar Awards
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme