Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards
Applications Currently Open!
General Information about the Fulbright Program and the Advanced Research and Lecturing Award:
The Fulbright Program: The Fulbright program is a prestigious international exchange program that is administered worldwide. The Fulbright program promotes mutual understanding between the United States and Sri Lanka through educational and cultural exchange programs. Over the years, the Fulbright program has witnessed an exchange of students/scholars and professionals between the two countries and provided opportunities for personal, academic and professional growth, built capacity in both countries. The Fulbright program aims at fostering bi-lateral relationships and bringing the people of the United States and people of Sri Lankan closer together.
Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards: The United States Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission (US-SLFC) invites applications from Sri Lankan scholars who wish to pursue postdoctoral research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university or research institution. Open to all fields of study with priority given to fields and proposed research that will build capacity; will fill a gap in expertise; and will be sustainable in Sri Lanka. Preference will be given to applicants who have not had any previous U.S. experience.
- Be Sri Lankan citizens and have resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years at the time of applying for this award
- Possess a Ph.D. from a recognised university
- Demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the proposed field
- Demonstrate a clear rationale for conducting the proposed research in the U.S.
- Possess a letter of invitation from a host institution in the U.S.*
- the grant
- Applicants from universities will be required to utilize air travel funds from their institutions
- Age: All things being equal, preference will be given to applicants who are not close to retirement
- Must not be applying for or holding permanent resident visas (green cards) in the United States; must not be dual U.S./Sri Lanka citizens; and must not hold work or resident visas in another country
Duration of Award:
6 months. Start and end dates of award should fall between August 01, 2024 and September 30, 2025
Applications: Currently Open
Application Deadline (including all support documents): October 01, 2023
(shortlisted candidates only): December/January 2021/2022
(shortlisted candidates only): January-March 2024
- Education USA Opportunity Fund Program
- Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards
- Fulbright Awards for Sri Lankan Citizens
- Fulbright Masters Fellowship Awards
- Fulbright Professional Scholar Awards
- Fulbright Specialist Awards
- Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Awards
- Guidelines for Obtaining a Letter of Invitation from a US University, Institution – Scholar Awards
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme
The application for the Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards must be submitted online using the link below and must be completed fully with all the required support documents uploaded to the online application by the deadline.
- Link to the online application form and detailed instructions: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2024/
- You need to have an email address to create a log-in to complete the application
- Please read “Guide for Obtaining a Letter of Invitation from a U.S University/Institution”, as an affiliation and a letter of invitation from a U.S. university/institution are required for the awards application for Sri Lanka. This information must be uploaded to the online application within the section “Project Proposal”.
- Other Required Forms: Letter of Support from Home Institution . The completed form must be uploaded to the online application within the section “Additional Information – -“Country-Specific Materials”. Please print, sign, scan and upload as PDF to the application.
- * US-SLFC’s free Educational Advising service, including the US-SLFC library and other resources, can assist you to research and identify potential U.S. universities/institutions where you can pursue your Professional Scholar program activities.
- For questions: Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each applicant may not apply to more than one award category during a competition cycle.
- All successful candidates will be required to reside in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years following the completion of the grant.
- Dependents will not be supported financially on this grant, but grantees may take their dependents at their own expense.
- Material misrepresentation (e.g., plagiarism) at any time during the application or grant period is grounds for selection withdrawal or grant termination, as well as ineligibility for application to any US-SLFC grants in the future.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Prospective Fulbright awards applicants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs
Due to the large volume of applications for this award, US-SLFC is unable to acknowledge receipt of applications, and only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.